There’s a reason why these little guys keep popping up at parties around the city – They’re amazing! Literally comfort in a cube, this recipe is a true CxRA All-Star.
- 1/2 lb. elbow macaroni
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 lb. yellow American cheese
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons summer truffles chopped
- 3/4 cup white truffle oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, whipped
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs with parmesan cheese
- Cook elbow macaroni in salted water. Drain and reserve. Do not rinse.
- Place heavy cream in heavy gauge pot. Slowly warm cream and add American cheese in small amounts until melted. When American cheese is melted, stir in parmesan cheese, truffles, truffle oil and black pepper.
- Add cooked macaroni to cheese sauce and stir until well blended.
- Spray a lasagna pan with non-stick spray and line with parchment paper. Spray parchment paper as well.
- Pour macaroni and cheese mixture on to baking sheet. Spread evenly with rubber spatula. Set in refrigerator to cool for at least 4 hours.
- Remove from fridge and run knife along edge of baking sheet. Turn pan over onto a cutting board to transfer mixture. Remove parchment paper and cut into 1”x1” cubes.
- Coat chilled cubes with flour followed by whipped eggs and then Italian breadcrumbs.
- Fry cubes in small batches in 350 degree vegetable oil. Enjoy immediately.