When we are off the clock, the CxRA team likes to kick up their feet and have a cocktail or two. Now that the warm weather has finally arrived we thought we would share our favorite recipes with you.
Black Cherry Basil Bliss
2 Fresh Basil Leaves
1 Ounce Lime Juice
3 Teaspoons Black Cherry Concentrate
– Place the basil in a glass with the lime juice and muddle until fragrant.
– Pour in the cherry concentrate and top with sparkling water.
– Strain over ice.
Some Like It Caliente
1.5 Ounce Tres Generaciones Plata
.75 Ounce Agave syrup
.75 Ounce Fresh Lime Juice
.25 Ounce Jalapeño Juice
Optional Lime wheel garnish and Pepper Rim
– Take an empty double rocks glass and dip rim into a plate of simple syrup or lime juice, then dip in spice mix.
– Build all liquid ingredients in a mixing glass or tin.
– Add ice, shake and strain into rimmed glass over fresh ice. Optionally garnish with a lime wheel.
To MAKE PEPPER RIM
– Take equal parts Fennel seed, Maldon Sea Salt and Espelette pepper and blend in a spice grinder.
– Add a tiny bit more sea salt and blend for 2 seconds to preserve texture.
– Place on a small plate for garnishing.
1 Ounce Strawberry and Rhubarb Syrup
.25 Ounce Lemon Juice
2 Ounce Bulleit Bourbon
Rhubarb Swizzle Stick
– Add Syrup, Lemon Juice, Bourbon, and Bitters to a shaker.
– Add ice and shake 10-15 second and strain over fresh ice in a double rocks glass.
– Garnish with Rhubarb Swizzle Stick.
TO MAKE STRAWBERRY RHUBARB SYRUP
– Boil 4 cups chopped rhubarb and strawberry, 1 cup sugar, and I cup water.
– Lower heat to a simmer and cook gently stirring occasionally for 20 minutes until fruit is soft and the liquid has thickened slightly.
– Pour through strainer.